Geh 'Dia Order.
|GR-75 Medium Transport.|
Geh 'Dia Order.
The GR-75 medium transport, or Gallofree medium transport, was a clamshell-hulled transport produced by Gallofree Yards, Inc.Characteristics
|GR-75 Medium Transport:|
|Manufacturer:||Gallofree Yards, Inc.|
|Model:||GR-75 Medium Transport.|
|Maximum Acceleration:||900 G.|
|Maximum Speed (Atmosphere):||403 mph.|
|Hyperdrive Rating:||Class 4.|
|Shielding:||Rated 240 SBD.|
|Hull:||Rated 160 RU.|
|Armament:||Standard: None;Variant: Twin fire-linked Laser Cannon Turrets (4).|
|Crew:||Crew (6)Gunner (1).|
|Cargo Capacity:||19,000 tons.|
|Variants:||Fuel tanker;Fire ship;Salvage ship;Landing craft;Hospital ship.|
|Eras:||Rise of the Empire era;Rebellion era;New Republic era;New Geh 'Dai Order era;UGC Era.|
|Affiliation||Alliance to Restore the Republic;New Republic;UGC Merchant Marine.|
The GR-75 was used by freight drivers and shipping firms to haul cargo. The transport's outer hull was like a thick shell with the interior entirely open for cargo pods. This open-space design could fit up to 209.5 tons of cargo into the 295 foot 3 inch ship. Modular cargo pods greatly sped up loading and unloading procedures.When the transport was at its cargo capacity, a magnetic shield locked the modules in place, while at the same time kept out the vacuum of space. A command pod was located on the upper hull, near the main engines, and carried the six being crew in cramped conditions. The factory model included space for forty passengers, but almost all ships cannibalized the space for increased cargo.Focused entirely on maximizing cargo space, GR-75 transports were armed with four turreted twin laser cannons, basic shielding, a meager Class 4 Hyperdrive, and a sublight engine array capable of achieving a top atmospheric speed of 404 mile per hour.While inexpensive, the GR-75 was notorious for its high maintenance requirements.HistoryThe GR-75's early designs originated from engineers Fegg Hayes and Ret Bistuth, who set up a series of factories on Beheboth in the Beheboth system prior to the decline of minerals on that system. Many GR-75 transports were acquired by the Rebel Alliance due to their low cost and ready access to spare parts. After Gallofree Yards went bankrupt in 3 BBY, the majority of the remaining stock of ships found its way into the Alliance fleet.The Alliance used the GR-75s for almost any purpose they could find including fire ships, but primarily used them to transport supplies, equipment, and troops. Some were modified to be fuel tankers for long range starfighter missions or for smaller ships. The ships became so ubiquitous that they became commonly known as Rebel medium transports. Some were used as suicide kamikaze vessels, as demonstrated during the assault on the Fondor shipyards.As part of restoring the Atran Galaxy's economy (thoroughly wrecked by a million years of brutal sectarian civil war), the UGC Merchant Marine commissioned a fleet of 1,000 GR-75's; This served two purposes, first getting people back to work (along with the other building projects), and secondly giving the galaxy a fleet of vsls for shipping, thus getting trade restarted. The fleet was more or less free for the galaxy's shipping concerns to use, conditional that they shipped everyone's goods on the same conditions (and only for cost); The UGC paid for these ships, not the shipping concerns, if anyone was to get a profit it was going to be the Council.The project was a modest success; The Atran Galaxy's economy recovered "enough" to get out of the muddy hole it'd been hammered into face first, and newer designs came out within 10 years- Paid for by the shipping concerns themselves. The UGC then took custody of the now un-wanted ships and transferred them to the Spacy's 21ST Fleet Reserve (21ST Fleet's home port is Dantooine so effectively still front-line ships). There they were converted to Fleet Fuel Tenders (bulk fuel carrier to supply Fleet Oilers, mostly the CAPRICA-Class, so they could refuel the fleets ships more efficiently). There are no current plans to increase the fleet, though about 200 have been sent to other fleets for testing and evaluation.Militry ApplicationsNot intended for combat, GR-75s were to be placed at the center of Alliance fleet formations and relied on starfighter support in blockade-running missions; The REF uses GR-75's as the GALLOFREE-Class Medium Transport in some fleets, but mostly as bulk carriers for fuel or food. They simply aren't powerful enough for major militry operations.Name: GR-75 Transport. The class was never christened per se.Type: Medium Freighter.Crew:Minimum: 2Nominal: 10Passengers: Up to 90.MDC By Location:
|GR-75 Partial Cutaway.|
|A GR-75 With An Energy Cannon Sttached To Her Hull.|
|A GR-75 In An Unknown ShipYard.|
|Var. Force Feilds (6)-|
Weapons Pods (variable)-
|Notes: Usual penalties apply.Speed and Statistical Data:|
|Speed: 589 mph.|
Hyperdrive Rating: Class 10.
Maximum Range: 450,000 light years.
Clearance: 104 feet
Width: 98 feet
Length: 410 feet.
Weight: 200 tons.
Cargo Capacity: 115,000 tons.
|Power and Drive System: Twin dual vernier Jamison Corp TT-3 Fission Engines; Output: 700 MGw at 25,000 hsp; Range: 20 years.|
Hover System: Standard grav pods.
Cost and Availability: Each tank costs about 10millioncredit, and takes about 3 months to build (they can pay themselves off in about 5 years; average loan period is 10).
Black Market Cost and Availability: Just don't bother. They won't come through, since the ship is available and 'hot' ones are too risky for the price.
|1. Point Defense Laser Turrets (10-100): An anti-fight/missile weapon.|
MD: 1D4 per turret.
Rate of Fire: Per gunners attacks per melee.
Range: 1 mile
Cost Each: 600credit (that 600credit per turret, plus 1,200credit to have them properly working).
2. Short-Range Missile Batteries (variable): Installed as a defensive feature against fighters and MRMR's.
Missile Type: Short Range.
MD, Blast Area, and Range: Per Missile.
Rate of Fire: Per pilots attacks per melee.
Payload: Up to 200, depending on configuration; Generally around 10.
|3. Variable Full-Force Barrier Field: The Variable Full-Force Barrier Field provides additional protection for the vessel.|
MDC: 800 per panel; 1,600 total available. NOTE: Each panel MUST still have 1 MDC for the system to continue working.
Effect: Provides 800 MDC in each of 06 panels.
Range: 40 feet.
Coverage Characteristics: A full 360 degree coverage area around the ship.
4. Heavy Laser Turrets (10-20): Paraxieum and Militry ONLY.
MD: 3D6 time 10 per turret.
Rate of Fire: Per gunners attacks per melee.
Range: 10 mile
- Video Recorder: Records from sensors and the cockpit itself. 500 hours of recording available.
- Radar: Civilian grade radar. Range: 20,000 miles, can track up to 250+/- individual targets. 95% reliability (00% against stealthed vehicles).
- FLIR/SLIR: Forward and Side Looking Infrared. Allows pilot and weapons officer to get visuals on targets at night.
- ESM: Radar Detector. Passively detects other radars being operated.
- AJP: Active Jamming Pod. Causes -25% to detection but when it is active, other vehicles/bases can detect that it is jamming, and some missiles will home in on jamming signals. Jamming also causes a -4 penalty to all radar guided weapons.
- Decoy Pods: The Steneirian style decoy pods were installed on theships for self-defense. The decoys themselves are specially modified Mini-Missiles that produce burning globs of magnesium/aluminum alloy to confuse both radar AND heat sensory systems, obscuring the ship. NOTE: Reduce effects by 20% against smart missiles (add +20% to rolls for smart missiles).
- 01-50: Enemy missile or missile volley detonates in chaff cloud- Missiles are all destroyed.
- 51-75: Enemy missile or missile volley loses track of real target and veers away in wrong direction (may lock onto another target).
- 76-00: No effect, missile is still on target.
- Also note that the chaff cloud will also blind nearby heat sensors (and optically based sensors at night) for 1 melee. They will suffer the following penalties: Reduce melee attacks/actions, and combat bonuses by half. Also, a cloud of smoke approximately 252 feet.
- Duration: 1D4 melee rounds.
- Rate of Fire: Once per melee.
- Payload: 6 chaff/flares.
- Full Range Sensory Suite: Infrared, ultra violet, Magnification, night sight, color filters, thermal imager. Range is about 2,000 miles for MOST sensors.
- Motion Detector: Activates a loud wailing when an object is coming at the user fast, and a soft ringing if it's coming slowly. Activation ranges must be specified by the pilot.
- Anti-Jamming System: Reduces Electronics Countermeasure by 75% (decrease skill level appropriately).
- Electronic Counter Measures (ECM): These systems disrupt enemy radar and tracking systems, making it difficult for them to lock onto the ship with weapons. The countermeasures give the ship a +3 to dodge and roll and +1 on initiative in combat.
- Fire resistance: Fires external to the craft have no effect on it.
- Grav Clamps: Electro magnets in the underside of the hull allow the unit to adhere to the hulls of warships and the exteriors of SOME buildings.
- MRA 6 Radios: Allows real time, continuous radio link up with friendly forces in the area via satellite relay over laser radio signals, preventing jamming, and automatically encrypts/decrypts same to prevent eavesdropping.
- Type-11 wide band radios: Effective 10 mile range, auto encrypt/decrypt. Works on standard radio band wavelengths, so it can still be jammed (if the enemy knows the frequencies).
- HoloNet Hyperradio Rectenna : Gives the ship instantaneous links to HoloNet transceivers and can cataloged many thousands of transmissions from across the galaxy.
System Type: Radio
Effect: Carries video signals.
Combat Bonuses From GR-75 Combat Elite: Techically none; However, individual skippers are known to modify their ships to improve perfomance (not that it helps a lot).
- Up to 2 additional attacks per melee.
- Up to +3 Parry, Dodge, and Roll.
- Up to +2 Strike.
Even these bonuses can be improved, but will require far more modification.